History

St Brigid's school was first established in 1905 with 33 children in the building that is now our dedicated Music & Drama Room. The children were taught by Mercy Sisters who often came from refined backgrounds and brought their skills of reading, writing, singing and music with them to this small rural community.

When the Parish hall was constructed in 1925, the two small rooms on either side of the hall were also used as temporary classrooms. In 1956 the building we now know as our school was constructed. It was extended in 1984, 1990 and again in 2000.

The administration of the school was run by Mercy Order Nuns until 1987. After this time the administration of the school was undertaken by lay Principals.

Our new library (adjacent to the school) was completed in August 2011 as part of the Building Educational Revolution scheme.

Quick Links:
Contact Us

130, Roe Street, Bridgetown

Phone: 9761 1635

Fax: 9761 2338

Email: admin@stbrigidsbt.wa.edu.au

Year Five Classroom Display

Year Five Classroom Display